Marketing on Google places has become enormous as the various businesses amplify their sphere of influence in the online arena, and as the search engines transform into a more rigid machine that requires not just the consistent effort of the webmasters to abide with the common rules, but also to keep track with the current trends in the system. Hence, recently, with the smart phones such as iPhone and Google Android that continue to rise and dominate the local market, it is not distant to presume how potent their impact could be around the globe in the future. And such, certainly, implies a good fortune since the expansion of the engine also means the enlargement of audience.
With the hundreds of thousands of regular activations in the said phones, listing up in Google places is currently a great necessity for any site optimizer since, when phone users utilize voice search, the initial results presented are from Google local. Yet, another surprising facts are that over 70% of online activities have also been recorded to be related to local content, and more than 65% of Americans employ local search to seek for local business.
There have also been current innovations that could further induce for taking Google Places gravely as part of wise venture in the optimization. It is ostensible that the local listings and the business map are already shown on top of organic search results, and there is likewise more space that pushes the listings on the bottom of the page. Furthermore, with recent existence of Hotpot that integrates the Google Places, it is now easy for a user to decide on what local business should be patronized.
Significantly, this development also signifies a tough competition among the local optimizers who ought to believe that executing the same strategies are already sufficient to maintain the business. As for this time, however, if your listing is not excellent or has reached the top score, then you could not expect that your site will be listed on the initial results of the Google. Thus, it is helpful to note of the following strategies to get the most out of the local search:
• Comprise Your Service or Product Keywords in Listing Description – it would also be better to include nearby cities in the list where the target market resides, but do not ever over utilize the keywords; hence, you should be flexible in using them.
• Get 100% Google Listing – as earlier noted, the highest score in Google listing means greater chance of being on the top of the local search results; the reason why you always have to exert effort in achieving the highest score if possible.
• List in Your Local Phone Book – it should be noted here that Google also seeks for an established source of data to examine local business information and build a database. Thus, if you’re not listed, it could greatly affect the possibility to be on top of the ranking.
• Motivate Clients to Write a Review on the Listing – if you and other local rivals in the ranking have perfect scores, then your edge to be the winner is the input contributed by your clients.
• Utilize other Local Directories – sticking to one in business is not good at all; here, the more strategies you have, the greater the chance to be on top. Hence, you may find it helpful to get listed on the following: Yahoo, Yelp, Bing, and Best of the Web.
• Employ Reviews as One Great Tactic – having reviews are greatly helpful in aspiring to be on the top seven of the search results. The reason why you have to post the reviews on Google Places or any other directories to assist your business in getting the highest rating. Nonetheless, it is best to note of the following recommendations as to the quantity of reviews you should have: (1) 10 – above reviews on Google Places and CitySearch with not less than five star rating and (2) Not less than five reviews on Insider Pages. Yet, being in the top four in the Google+ local optimization techniques, you should wisely utilize reviews by having them real or acquired from actual customers, and not from online “aliens”.
Notably, in optimizing a local business site, it is really a grave duty for a webmaster or optimizer to have it listed on Google Places through the efficient utilization of the aforementioned strategies in successfully doing so, otherwise, if left “hanging-on” in the search engine, there will only be an expense in time and effort pushing-up the ranking, but yet would have no effect on the site’s progress or achievement.