This year is seen to be the innovative year for Google wherein they brought up additional update on its algorithm and that is the Penguin update which was release last April 24, 2012 which was called as “data refresh” which target web spam. And last June 8, 2012, we make way for the coming of Panda update 3.7 which specifically target low-value or thin and duplicated content. If you have been hit by these updates are there chances of recovery?
Panda is not new to us we have already experience it and in order to survive for what is essential is to take note for the quality of your content where in avoid duplicated content or better write on topic that is interesting and a unique scoop. And here’s more:
• It is essential to review your Meta titles and descriptions since it must have a unique title and description on every pages.
• Review also your content, eliminate that low value and duplicated content instead write a compelling one that you love to discuss.
• Intensify the quality of your content, consider the use of catchy headline or an interesting one, and also it must have proper grammar and spelling or you can increase your information through searches but take note to include those as your source.
• Lessen ads on your page instead increase your content since Panda is essentially designed to target low quality content.
• Resolve broken links issues within website.
• Lessen the bounce rate issues instead increase the click through rate or staying period of your visitors.
• Reduce the website load time
The coming of Penguin had really shake the search results and many webmasters clamors about it where in its main purpose is to fight web spam and this includes keyword stuffing , cloaking, over-optimization of keywords or those link schemes tactics that manipulates the rankings therefore if been hit what to do?
• Using of a company or a website’s Brand name and url or naked links in creating high quality contextual links.
• Construct quality contextual links using non SEO keywords as anchor text such as visit here, visit website, click here or vital search terms.
• Optimize a page using more than one keyword phrase.
• Identify those unnatural, non-organic or considered as spammy links and after that you need to cut that out or remove those unnatural links.
• Decrease the keyword densities through changing or revising your Meta tags, revising or eliminating page content and image alt tags.
• Intensify improvement of social signals not only through social media but also through creating High Quality Press Release which can target Google news and that is why it can help with link baiting.
• After the changes have been done, this is now the time to file for reconsideration.
• But also take note that review first your strategies since there must be some misidentification on your website before doing a recovery plan or submitting a request for reconsideration.
This only shows that SEO is not dead and there are ways to survive from the update as long as we follow the rules and changes in algorithm. It only reminds us that ethics must always be presence and it only gives us warning when we are not on the right track. And remember our survival lies on our hands and therefore if there are things that need to fix, it is essential that to must work on it immediately.